Clos de la Perrière: a monopole of the Domaine de la Perrière which along with the Manor de la Perrière has been in the
Joliet family since 1853. The wine was once regarded as having the same status as Chambertin and Clos de Bèze, noted
by Dr Lavelle in 1855 as a Tete de Cuvée at a time when it sold for the same price. This south-east facing Clos has just over
5 hectares planted to vines on calcareous soils, hence the name la Perrière and varying amounts of clay, at an altitude of
350-380 metres. Since 2005 under the direction of Philippe Charlopin there are four cuvées made from different parcels
with different harvest dates, all vinified separately before producing the final blend.